​CBD oil and Hemp Products made in the USA, Or is it?!?

Posted by DNA Hemp Company on Sep 14th 2019

CBD oil and Hemp Products made in the USA, Or is it?!?

Made In America? Or is it…

In general, there are very few consumer items available for purchase that have absolutely no overseas sources. However, when it comes to CBD products you in fact do have a choice.

As retailers you have a choice to sell 100% USA made CBD products, as consumers you have a choice to purchase 100% USA made CBD products.

In other editorials and pages we have already discussed quality issues, manufacturing differences and more when it comes to inferior hemp derived products.

The fun facts

With mass consumer products there are in fact, very strict guidelines that govern labeling products “Made in USA” or “Made in America.”

To qualify, most of a product’s parts and materials, as well as the factories that assemble, must be domestic. 

It comes down to a “percentage value”. In some cases it may be as little as 10%, while the remaining 90% is from elsewhere (ie. China). Often times retailers are not even aware of the complete details.

The Federal Trade Commission can even fine violators heavily. The problem is that it is mostly an honor system. When profit margins on inferior products simply end up more appealing than consumer safety, honor and integrity often take a back seat.

In addition, investigations by the FTC general do not begin on their own and the best they can really do is encourage people to do the right thing.

A look beyond the label

In the CBD products industry you may find the trickiest of labels, but here is a look beyond the label of some of them. It’s important to note that all of these get a ride on a overseas container ship and some point, but most if not all with have a form of “Made In The USA” written on them.

  • Recipes formulated in the USA but mixed and bottled overseas.
  • Ingredients sourced from the USA and sent overseas to be bottled, tipped, capped and labeled.
  • Bottled for an American company, by a company that is located overseas.
  • A company based in the USA buys ingredients from overseas sources.

100% USA Made CBD. It's the only way to go. Here's what that means:

  • Ingredients – USA
  • Bottling - USA
  • Plastics - USA
  • Based - USA
  • Employees - USA
  • Everything - USA

It's not the cheapest way to do business, but in our opinion, it's the only way to do business.

By supporting 100% USA Made manufacturers, it not only eliminates potential safety issues, it also allows you to support our USA economy exclusively.